The monastery had
been closed down before 1920, but aged archimandrite Varsonophy
psalm-reader Maria still conducted divine services in the church. After his
death, hegumen Sinesy was sent there. At his ministering divine services were as
long as in a monastery, and a lot of believers came there. Psalm-reader Maria
chanted as well. Then father Sinesy was transferred to the St. Nikolay Gostinny
church; and 3, or 4 monks were sent to the monastery, so they ministered up to
the closing down of the monastery in late 1920ths.
District and city
police offices, an ambulatory, then hostels, municipal apartments occupied
monastery buildings in their times. Some constructions were transferred to
private ownership, such as the belltower sold in April, 1934 by local financial
department to the Kolomna gramophone factory. The Holy Trinity church was leased
by sewing machines repair artel in 1940-1950ths, the
Protecting Veil of the Holy Mother of God (Intercession) church - by a workshop of the Moscow
region artists’ fond. Ancient buildings had been maintained up to deterioration
for many years. New owners cut through doorways, put numerous partitions. In the
beginning of 1980ths the most part of inhabitants were resettled.
Plundered churches and other buildings became desolated; the conventual cemetery
The monastery, closed down
in 1920s, was returned to the Russian Orthodox Church in 1989 for the
establishment of a common-living convent there.